It's deer hunting season again in Alabama, and if you haven't already sighted in your rifle, it's time to get out to the range and make sure you are zeroed before you head to the woods.
Here is a link to the list of Alabama's public shooting ranges.
Before you head out to the range don't forget to pack the following items:
- Ear plugs or muffs
- Shooting glasses
- Sandbag or shooting vice
- Weapon and ammunition (just went this weekend and forgot the clips to the rifle).
- Target (staple gun and staples)
- Marker or stickers to indicate holes that have already been shot
- Optics for checking the target (binoculars, spotting scope, etc..)
Once you arrive at the arrange practice safe shooting habits.
- Keep the breach open and clear of ammunition until you are your station.
- Always keep the barrel pointed down-range.
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Stay behind other shooters.
- Never proceed down-range until the "all clear" is given.
- Wear you safety gear.
Enjoy your time at the range and please be safe. Please contact me if I can be helpful with any of your rural land needs in Alabama.